Wednesday, May 2, 2012

                   Letting go.....Wordless Wed.

A while back I wrote about my love for our old house and my not so love of our new house. I still suffer from this problem. It is getting a little better each day, but I am still letting go. I still get homesick. Really bad homesick. It is the worst kind of homesick, because I know I can't ever go back home. Someone new lives there now. I fantasize that someday I will buy my old house back  and move back. I don't necessarily want to live in that town or state again, just the house.  I have finally stopped taking the old living room curtains out of the box (they didn't fit in our new windows) and smelling them just to get a whiff of the old house. I have finally stopped trying to put away our stuff in the new house exactly how it was in the old house, it isn't working. Slowly but surely I will heal, but it has been hard. It may seem weird to some of you, but I was really attached to that house. It was the first house my husband and I owned together. It was the first house I lived in and made into a home as a wife. I raised my kids there, most of them. It was an old house with character which I love. My husband says it was haunted. Not the kind of haunted with ghosts, but he says the house itself posessed me to love it so much that it hurts...hmmm. He has a point, because it still physically hurts sometimes just thinking about it. I am posting a few photos of my love hoping that it will help my process of letting go....It isn't even the most beautiful of homes, but it was home. And here are a bunch of words for my Wordless Wednesday. I tried not to ramble but it didn't work.


Some details I miss...




View from the Window Seat...
 Grape Arbor...


The Woods behind the house...


My Room...I miss you so much!





No comments: