Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Baby Girl is 16!

Where does the time go? 16 years ago, during the ice storm and flood of 96' my Mary Raven came into my life, changing it forever. A lot of people don't know this, but my husband came into the picture later. I was a single mom before I met my husband. Mary and I grew up together, went to college together, got our first car together, struggled together, cried, and laughed together. We went through a lot together until I met the man who would be her "dad". Her biological father, a severe alcoholic, was never in the picture, save for the first 3 or 4 months of her life. I believe it was for the better, for our life would not be what it is now had I stayed in that situation. I love you Mary. My firstborn. My beautiful, smart, head on your shoulders, kind hearted, artistic, talented young woman of a daughter. You changed my life for the better and I love you more than life itself. I already am having issues with the thought of you going off to college in a couple of years. I can't bear to live without you. You are my best "girlfriend" as well as my mental grocery list, my fashion coordinator, my make-up artist, my nail tech, and my confidant. I love you Mary Raven, and I know you will go far in this life. There is no bond as strong as that of a mother and daughter....
 Mary and friend taken with Mary's new camera!

The super chocolate chocolatey cake!

3 comments:

Savories of Life said...

when you get your prize come back and tell me what you think of them.

momto8 said...

yep...growing up is certainly bittersweet...
sounds like you guys have a great relationship...
lucky you!!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Cute cake! Happy birthday to her :-)