Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mother Nature's Fury...and why I will not be able to finish my posts this week...

Well, I had so many great posts and reviews in the works only to be stalled for a time. It's not important though really in the scheme of things. I got word last night from my mom that she was being evacuated due to a wildfire. She lives in Goldendale, Washington, near Yakima. Now this morning the house was taken.  My parents are okay, and they were able to get the animals and some basics, as well as some pictures, and keepsakes. It is heartbreaking. So many years of raising children,  memories, hard work, blood, sweat and tears, only to be gone in a matter of hours. All the old homework of ours my mom had saved in boxes. The old toys she has always held onto, including my old Donnie and Marie Osmand barbies. The permanent marker on the walls from my kids.  My grandpa's World War II uniform. My mom's beloved dolls, and art, and books, and Native American artifacts, and oh my! I could go on and on. In the end though, that is just stuff. I am thankful that my parents are ok.

I am going up there to help them for a few days. My mom is a home body. That home was her life. She spent all day there with her animals, tending to her greenhouse, and making sure that the house was of the utmost perfection. My mom lovingly swept, mopped, and dusted wether necesarry or not. Her and my dad have worked hard to build their beautiful home into what it was. We were dirt poor growing up. The poorest of the poor. They rose above over the years and worked hard to have what they do now. My dad started at the bottom of a Marine Construction company and now is at the top. I am so sad for them. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to lose it all, just like that...I am crying as I write this just getting it out like this. I have been a bit in shock the last few hours while getting ready to go. It really hasn't fully hit me. My mom seemed that way on the phone as well. She needs me. She is not taking this well, can't blame her. I will finish my reviews and posts next week....

No comments: