Thursday, July 14, 2011

A couple of things...

It's Journey time! Tribal Canoe Journey. A few of you may know what that is, but for those that don't,  http://tribaljourneys.wordpress.com/, check it out. It's awesome. We have participated in Journeys for 8 years now as a Canoe family. My husband has been involved since the start in planning and such. It is so important for our kids to experience this every year and we realized a while back that our kids are so used to it at this point that they will some day run their own canoes for sure! With this said, that means I will be gone for two weeks. This years Journey is a little shorter than some. One year we were gone almost a month. It just depends where the ending location is that year. Am I packed and ready to go? Heck no! I am a proffessional last minute packer. I have gotten it down to an art form.  Of course I always forget something important and have to stop and buy stuff along the way, but I do a pretty good job.
So the next thing is, that when I return I will be doing my first GIVEAWAY! Yay! I have a couple things in the works so I can't say what it will be quite yet, but it will more than likely be baby related. Another bit of news is that I got Rafflecopter!!!!!  I am so excited about it! I love entering contests with Rafflecopter, so I really wanted to be able to offer that myself. Hopefully it will help me get this blog to grow. I said in a previous post that I promise to work on my blog, and I am holding myself to it. So stay tuned in, and be on the lookout in August for my first giveaway...

1 comment:

LaVonne @ Long Wait said...

I wish I knew you'd be there. We could have met :) Which canoe family are you? Maybe I saw your family do protocol. I was there sitting behind the senators quite a bit. (Just not all night!)

Blessings!